Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you

didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from

the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Mark Twain

Monday, October 18, 2010

Attention! Attention please!

I have an announcement to make! It's pretty exciting. At the begining of next fall I will be starting an 8-week full time clinical experience. It will be like having a full time job in a hospital or clinic.  Most of the sites are around the Philadelphia area but I really wanted to travel somewhere else. I'll be going to the Susquehanna Health Care System hospital in Williamsport, PA, about three hours north of here.
 It's a small town right on the Susquehanna River so it should be beautiful! It's not as exciting as going to Florida where I really wanted to go, but I'm pretty excited about it. It will be nice to get away from the big city for a while.  I'll be there for all of September and October and then back to Philly for 6 months.  After that I'll be doing a 6 month full time internship also at a hospital or clinic hopefully somewhere other than Philadelphia but who knows, it's still really far away! In the mean time I have started a part time clinical experience for 4 hours every other week at Albert Einstien Medical Center. It's a huge hospital right in the middle of North Philly. So far I really like it, people are so diverse here so I've gotten to interact with a lot of different types of people.

1 comment: