Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you

didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from

the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Mark Twain

Friday, June 24, 2011

Anatomy

One big thing that probably every medical professional does in school is a Gross Anatomy course. (gross as in large, not gross as in eww..) It involes cadaver dissection which is so fascinating. This is not the first time I have worked with cadavers so I didn't have to deal with the initial shock of just seeing them, but I have never done the actual cutting. Parts of it have been a little wierder than others but for the most part it hasnt been too weird. It's actually really amazing. I have seen muscles, fat (at the top of the "most disgusting things I have ever seen" list), nerves, arteries, veins, spinal cord, bones, a pace maker and even a tumor! Since I started college I have become fascinated by human bodies. They are so amazing! And the more I learn about them, the more amazing it becomes. For most people, their bodies just work and they don't think anything about it. But it really is so breathtaking the way that everything works together. It is so intricate and so perfect. There are about a billion things that have to happen in the right order just for a person to be able to breathe in and out! I know I definately take my body for granted. It strengthens my testimony every time I go and see something new that I have only learned about in books. It's no wonder that it's so important to our Heavenly Father that we take care of our bodies. They are the most incredible creations! We have just a few more weeks of anatomy and then 4 additional weeks and then home to Rupert!!

No comments:

Post a Comment