It's been a lifetime since I wrote anything here and a lot has happened in that lifetime! Where do I start? At the beginning I guess! On August 19 I took a test, walked outside into the warmth (seriously, it's freezing in the classroom!) and realized that I had just finished a whole year of graduate school! Oh my gosh, I honestly can't believe it, I still have a long way to go but I feel pretty accomplished. I've been in Philadelphia for an entire year now...how is time going by so quickly? After I took my last test I hopped on a plane to Salt Lake! It had been 8 months since I had been home, that's like two lifetimes! I have to say that probably my new favorite feeling in the world is walking into the Philadelphia airport. It means I'm on my way home! After 12 hours of traveling I finally got into Salt Lake and this was waiting for me...

Kurty got home a couple of weeks before, this is him talking to me on the phone :) Two years is a long time!! And the rest of the family was there too :)
The next morning we got up early and headed to the Bountiful Temple for some more family goodness!
It was such a perfect day! Within 12 hours of being home (well, in Utah at least) I got to see all of my family and so many good friends! The weather was amazing, everyone was beautiful and happy, no one could have asked for a better day. Man I love these guys! After a reception in Rupert that night (where I got to see even more people I have loved and missed) I was absolutely exhausted. The next day Kurt spoke in church on his mission and it was amazing. What a remarkable family I have!! It was also my birthday :) It was a busy weekend! The after-party was so much fun with all of my family and friends there to celebrate Kristy and Zach's wedding and Kurt's homecoming. How convenient that they could say happy birthday too :)
I got to be home for two weeks and it was the best, fastest two weeks.

When it was time to come back east my mom came with me for a few days. We got back on a Friday and Saturday we went into the city. We went to Reading Terminal Market which might be my favorite place in Philadelphia! We also went to Macy's and had a great time. Monday we drove to Williamsport, PA. It's...well, what can I say about Williamsport? What I can say is that who has ever heard of Williamsport, PA? Not me. But now I have and I kind of like it! People here are so funny, when I tell them I'm from Idaho I always, without fail, get the same reaction: "Oh! (look of surprise) Wow, you're far from home!" I guess there are a whole lot of people in this world who have never met someone from Idaho :) I'm doing my first full time clinical rotation in a hospital here and I'm learning a lot! One thing I have learned is that I definitely don't want to work in a hospital for the rest of my life. Its ok, but I don't love it. I want to help people be able to do more than just stand up. I want patients who can already do that and are ready to do more. Also I do not like body fluids of any kind. I am not a nurse, don't throw up on me. One thing I have learned a lot about is Amish people. I love them! They are the nicest people, and they make the best food. Today I went to a farmer's market and got some home made bread, fresh vegetables, apple dumplings and some raspberry key lime jam that is so delicious I wish I could ship a whole case of it home! I've been here for three weeks now, it's gone by fast. There is no singles ward here, I go to a family ward and I just go to work all day so my social life took a dramatic nose dive when I got here. Oh well! Just 5 more weeks, then I can go back to Philly, go to school every day and have a social life again!
Kurt is Home?! Kristy is married?! I JUST noticed all your names start with K?! ahaha, WOW Kaity! That is all sooo exciting! Happy for you :)
ReplyDelete