So I did it, I finished all my classes! whew. We had two weeks off till we started internship and I have taken the opportunity to do nothing. I haven't thought at all about school or about internship (hopefully I'm prepared!) or anything that might be productive or useful. And it's been wonderful!! The best part about this break is that Holly came to visit me and we took a vacation to the Outer Banks! We stayed in a cute little condo and had some adventures!
We had this incredible beach almost completely to ourselves!
We saw the Wright Brothers monument where the first flight happened
We climbed the tallest lighthouse in north america
The view from the top
We got up early to watch the sunrise
We ate delicious seafood and hush puppies
A couple of the days were perfect for windsurfing and kite boarding
We went on a dolphin cruise and saw dolphins
Did some boggie boarding
Built some sand sculptures. This one was by far the best
We went swimming at sunset which was incredible! We walked on the beach for a long long time. Anyone who has ever laughed at someone who said "I like long walks on the beach" has probably never done it. I never really had before this either and I admit I scoffed at that too, but now that I have done it I never will again! Seriously, long walks on the beach really are the best thing ever.
On the way home we got to see Brigitte in Richmond which was so wonderful and then we stopped in Washington DC and saw our old roommates Danae and Amanda! I love roommate reunions. Who would have believed two years ago that we would all be on the east coast at the same time!
This was probably the best vacation I have ever had. We didn't have a schedule, we just did whatever we felt like doing, which meant a lot of sitting on the beach reading. If you are looking for a place to completely let go and relax, the Outer Banks is the place to do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment