Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you

didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from

the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Mark Twain

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Our Patients

We saw mostly stroke patients which was really interesting. I dont have much experience working with people who have had strokes so it was a really good learning experience!
The Clinic







Lunch on the go making home visits

Home Visits

May demonstrating how the "arm bike" works





This was our only pediatric patient. Such a cutie!

I am amazed at the humility and gratitude of the people there. When we were saying goodbye on our last day people told us things like "We are so grateful for good people like you and we always pray that God will strengthen you in what you are doing."  There is no pride or bitterness in any of them. When I asked one woman if she had any pain in her knee after having a stroke she said "Yes but I'm grateful for it because it means I can feel."  

No comments:

Post a Comment