So here's another first on my east coast adventure. I've just survived a hurricane! I say survived like it was so dramatic and I had to fight for my life. In reality it was not as bad as I was expecting. We didn't even loose our power!
I first heard about it last Friday and after that it was all I heard about. Maps like this were all over the place.
Pretty much everything shut down from Maryland to New York City and we just waited it out on Monday. We decided to brave the storm a little bit and go to our friend's to play some games and make cookies :)
Everything was still closed Tuesday so in the morning we took a little walk around our apartment complex to survey the damage
 |
| This was the first thing we came upon. This is right outside our apartment. That blue car is I'm sure counting it's lucky stars! |

 |
| This was the worst damage we came across in our parking lot |
 |
| Yikes! Totaled for sure |
 |
| Turns out this person doesn't even live here! |
 |
| There were tons and tons of huge trees down. But this little guy hung on! |
Luckily all of our cars were safe and the biggest damage we had to deal with was our internet going down for a few hours! Later that day we went to a branch member's house to help them bail water from their basement. We really got lucky, especially when you look at pictures of New York or Atlantic City which basically got swept into the ocean. It was a pretty bad storm, thankfully we and everyone we know came through it safely, but there were a lot of people who didn't. We are grateful and hope that everyone else will get back on their feet!
Glad you're safe and your car didn't get crunched!
ReplyDelete