I was so lucky to have some friends come visit me this weekend! Caitlyn and Emilee drove up from North Carolina on Thursday and stayed till Saturday which was so much fun. Chanae and David drove my car out here from Rupert which I am so grateful for. They also got here Thursday night. They hung out together while I was in class on Friday and then we made dinner together and spent the night playing games.
On Saturday Caitlyn, Emilee and I took the train into the city to go to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. We had a great time seeing the sights and hanging out together!

This door is in the back of Independence Hall. We looked through the key hole and could see the inside of the court room! Caitlyn and Emilee left later that afternoon. I miss them so much but it was so great to have them here for a little while.
When Chanae and David came back from New York we went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. David was with us so of course we had to go and run up these famous steps! These are the steps that Rocky ran up at the end of his morning run in the movie. Inspirational!
The museum is in Fairmount Park which is in the middle of the city. It is huge! It's one of the largest innercity parks in the country, even bigger than Central Park!
The famous LOVE statue in John F Kennady Plaza right in the middle of Philadelphia. It's right at the end of Benjamin Franklin Parkway, really close to where the new temple is going to be built!
Then we went to Pat's King of Steaks were the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich was first made in the 30's! It was so cool, very authentic!
This place was the real deal! The guy taking orders even called me doll!
Delicious! Now I've experienced real Philadelphia!
It was such a fun weekend. We saw some really cool stuff, ate great food and spent some serious quality time : ) I'm so glad my friends could come visit me!

ah! I am SO jealous!!! fun, fun!
ReplyDeleteHow awesome!!! I'm so excited for you and your exciting adventures! I think my favorite part is that the guy called you a doll. haha. I want to be called a doll. Maybe I'll come visit....;)
ReplyDeleteI was just in Rupert and was hoping to see you but noooo apparently you've moved across the country!! Looks like your having fun!
Kaity! I've been such a horrible friend. You moved closer to me and I haven't even called. How is everything? I hope you are loving it! We miss you
ReplyDelete