Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you

didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from

the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Mark Twain

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving...With a little twist

 This has been the most interesting, innovative, unforgettable, fun Thanksgivings I've ever had. I had a great time with my family and I'm so glad they could come. It was different without Kurt but I'm so excited to talk to him on Christmas day! On Wednesday, we went to Gettysburg and had a blast. It was beautiful and cool to see such a historic place.

There was so much to take fun pictures of!

Thanksgiving day was interesting, mostly because I don't have much as far as cooking supplies or furniture. We just had to make do with what we had, there was a lot of improvising and stressing (on my mom's part) but it all came together and it was awesome! Most of the food was cooked in disposable containers (it was just as delicious!). I don't have a kitchen table or chairs. But I do have a futon so we layed it down and covered it with this cute tablecloth and we sat around it on the floor. There were no fancy dishes this year, just plastic plates and cups and paper napkins but I think it was perfect! I think it did more to bring out the real meaning of the holiday, to be thankful for the things we have and not worry about the things we don't.

On Friday we went to Valley Forge which is only about 30 min away. It was a lot of fun but it was freezing! I mean, it was nice compared to a Rexburg Thanksgiving, but it was still cold.
Saturday we went to Hershey again. We went to Hershey when we first got here but my dad has never been there. Hershey is such a fun, cute little town. This house is made entirely of (what else?) chocolate! Even the Snowman in the yard is made of Hershey's candy! It's something like 14 feet tall, that's a lot of candy!
In all it was a fantastic week! We had so much fun and it was a much needed break from school. Now I feel like I can make it through the next two weeks and then Christmas City, here I come!!
P.S.
This was in a gift shop in Gettysburg. Think they catch may thieves with this?

2 comments:

  1. This looks like it was a blast! I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Kaity! What an innovative Thanksgiving. I'm glad the fam was able to get out there :]

    ReplyDelete