Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you

didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from

the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Mark Twain

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Life, An Update

It has been a really really long time since I have written anything about what's been going on in my life! So here's a little recap of whats been happening in the past two months!
A quick Saturday trip to New York with my roommate Katie and our friend Kim...

 So it turns out that last year when I went to New York and we went to the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center, we didn't actually go to The Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center.  It was just another giant tree at part of Rockefeller Center. I felt totally cheated so this year we had to go see the REAL Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center and it was awesome! Even though the plaza was completely packed with people, I mean body-to-body-hold-on-to-each-other packed.
Then I finished my 4th semester in December! Holy smokes, where does the time go? I had a (thankfully) uneventfull trip home and a fantastic month break! We went to Island Park to spend some Christmas time together and go snowmobiling. Kristy and Zach were at his house for Christmas this year so we had an "Express Christmas" at Island Park. 
 What a dreamy white Christmas at the cabin with the snow falling :)
 And of course lots of snowmobiling!!

 We also went to Yellowstone for a day.  I've never been to Yellowstone in the winter before and I loved it. It was so pretty!

Christmas break was so wonderful. I got to see lots of my friends, ate great food, helped the young women in  my ward make little books for the new mutual theme, went snowboarding, helped my parents redo their bedroom, and played "Just Dance" for 5 hours with Kurt and Chelsea! Exhausting but totally awesome.  After a month at home I made my way back to Philly to start my short-term version of "real life." It's nice to be back into a routine. Now I get up early, go running, go to school, come home, eat, study, go to bed and do the whole thing all over again. And over, and over again. It's good though, I still make time to go to Institute and FHE and do a little bookbinding as well. This is also my last semester of classes. In June I will start an internship that will last for the rest of the year and then in January I will graduate! I should know by the end of the month where my internship will be and we are all really anxious to find out! In the mean time, we are learning lots of fun things in school! Whenever we do interesting things in school I always wish I could take some pictures but I'm always too busy doing whatever it is we are doing. And I also don't want to be that girl whose taking pictures when we're supposed to be learning something serious. We were able to get some pictures of our latest learning adventure... Total Contact Casting! (this is way nerdy probably but this really was a lot of fun! :)

P.S. If you are complemented on your cast cutting abilities and you say "wait, there are people in this world who have never used a power tool?", you might be from Idaho

No comments:

Post a Comment