Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you

didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from

the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Mark Twain

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Future Travels



This unit in school is all about the business side of physical therapy.  There is no medical content, we just "listen" to lectures one after another about management, private practice, accounting, law, HR, staffing... sigh. It's really tough. In fact, after 2 and a half hours of trying my best to pay attention, I've decided to update my blog instead :)
What I'm really excited about in school right now is that we just found out where we are going for our internships! As always I was hoping to be able to leave Pennsylvania for it, but that didn't work out. Oh well. There will still be plenty of great stuff going on!
This internship is the last thing we do before graduation! It starts in June and ends in December. Most people will be in the same place for the whole 6 months but I am lucky because mine is 3 months in two different places. The first is an outpatient clinic which I'm really excited about and the second is a pediatric place which I'm even more excited about! I'll be working with kids from 0 to teens in schools, pre-schools and at home. But really the most exciting part about the upcoming clinical education is that I'll be spending two weeks here...
In St. Elizabeth Jamaica! While I'm sure we'll make time to go to the beach, this isn't actually a vacation. I'm going with a classmate and a teacher to work in a PT clinic! We'll be living with Jamaican families and treating patients in a local clinic and at their homes. It's going to be an incredible experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment