Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you

didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from

the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover

Mark Twain

Sunday, May 5, 2013

One Busy Week

It's been a little while since I wrote anything. Mostly (or completely) because all I've been doing the past two months is studying and running, studying and running. Not very interesting, not even to me most of the time.  But this past week it all came to a head.  Everything that I'd been studying and running for happened all at once and it was... AWESOME!! On Tuesday morning I took my licensing exam in Orem.  Talk about nerve racking.  One 5 hour test over everything I've learned in the past three years.  Pass or Fail.  yikes.  But I did it, and it took me the entire 5 hours.  I wont know for a couple more days how I did but I think there were enough people praying for me that with all that faith, I had to have passed! (with a little help from a whole lot of studying :)  I am so relieved to have it over with! After I finished I got to just hang out, relax and celebrate with some of my very best friends! Then Thursday and Friday my mom, Kristy and I went to Women's Conference at BYU which was so awesome!

We made fairy wands as a service project

Before the concert Thursday night

President Eyring spoke at the closing session Friday afternoon
Saturday morning I ran my first half marathon! I was nervous but really excited.  I had to get on the bus at 4:30 am, we drove up Provo Canyon and then waited around for 2 hours. That's how it always goes... and when we got up there, it was freezing! Even the fires in the campgrounds weren't quite enough to keep us warm! When it was finally time to line up and I had to take off my jacket and pants, my arms and legs were stinging from the cold! But then we got going and after a few miles, I was really glad I was wearing what I was wearing.  It was the most beautiful, perfect morning! It was between 50 and 60 degrees the whole time and best of all, there was no wind! (Living in Pennsylvania I forgot how much I hate the wind).  Running down the canyon was so beautiful, I absolutely loved every second.
My cheering section minus a few supper supportive late comers :)




Today I have a huge blister on my toe, my feet hurt and I'm walking like an old man, but it was completely worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment